Working With Children Affected by Domestic Abuse
What is it all about?
This session is aimed at workers who have regular contact with children and young people and who are seeking to understand how living with domestic abuse can impact on their lives. Participants need no prior learning of domestic abuse related issues
- Awareness of the impact of domestic abuse on children and young people.
- Ability to identify the ways in which children and young people of different ages experience domestic abuse.
- Ability to describe the board effects of domestic abuse on a child or a young person.
- Increased understanding of the consequences of women blaming.
- Increased awareness of ways we can support women, children and young people who have experienced domestic abuse.
- Increased understanding of the importance to listening to children and young people and how difficult it can be for them to be heard.
- Increased recognition of the importance of providing opportunities for children and young people to speak out; for example, through support.
If you would like more information about this course or to book, please contact us at [email protected].